I do know that, altho she is really good at saving & budgeting (no clothes for herself for 3 years; she'd rather that Jack have decent clothes -that fit!) she can't handle the financial onslaught coming at her.
To help Kate be able to help Matt, this is what I'm going to try to do
- get name of gas station she uses (so someone can donate a gas card)
- Eugene's (Matt's dog) food costs $45 - just don't know the brand
- Jack's clothes sizes (he outgrew 3 -yes 3!- new pairs of jeans that she bought him a month ago; he is at that size where he doesn't fit in the large boys or the mens small....that's a tough phase
- name of her grocery store (for a grocery card)
- types of foods that Kate, Bo & Jack like to eat (she buys healthy food, when she was talking on the phone to me while at the grocery store, she commented, "What kind of grocery store doesn't have organic carrots?"
- find out what the heck the problem is with the Sprint service in Spokane
- snacks that Kate likes since she is in the car a lot now
- car panel (for repair) - cost of that
- Xmas for Jack (she's worried that, on top of her being gone now when he's home from school, she is not going to be able to make a really good Xmas for Jack - since Matt won't be there - and Jack has been really helpful while his mom is trying to do what she can for Matt
- Haircuts - I"m sure that's coming up
- Wrapping paper, etc.