- Matt's eyes are tracking more often
- he is breathing more on his own but they can't reverse tracheotomy (sp?) until he's actually aware that he needs to keep his tongue back so he doesn't gag on it
- Kate is checking on this but it seems that NIACH is planning on moving Matt to basically what we would call a nursing home
- she's planning on meeting with the head doc at NIACH tomorrow morning to find out what' going on, what he thinks of Matt's progress, etc.
- He's doing his 'thumbs-up" for response still
I find it odd the way they/the hospital decides to move Matt...and then...we find out from a nurse - strange.
Waiting for Kate AND Rich to call me back - a lot going on. It's just breaks my heart to hear the anguish in Kate's voice, the tiredness, and not be able to be there in person. I will tell you one thing, she is made of steel. That's the reason she has to call me back. It's 5pm there, I guess, and she's bound and determined to get one of the docs on the phone - NOW!