DONATE HERE

Friday, December 3

post from Dec 2nd (Old Post)might be helpful might not alot has changed

Matt is still in the ICU at Providence. He is under isolation. That means the he is VERY SUSSEPTIBLE TO GERMS AND VERY SICK!!!!

When you visit you must 1. Wear a robe

2.Gloves

3.Mask

4.Then disrobe in room and sanatize

5. Your really not suppossed to bring things in BUT I explained

Matt's love of music and books and they conceded. (who could say

no to that face)



As I said Matt still has pneumonia. It is asperated Pneumoina and very heavy in the left lung. This could be for numerous reasons: tramua from teh accident, more nerological damage, or my guess THE NURSING HOME. He is being treated with antibiotics and just received a new one today.

To give you an idea of how sick Matt is: A normal/healthy person can get over pneumonia in about ten days as they can cough to help expell mucus and etc... A normal/heathy person also can take about 6 full weeks to fully heal from start to finsh (the ten days is the brunt of it).

Matt's pneumonia could go on and on and on............



HE is off the ventilator and breathign on his own. HOWEVER, BREATHING IS A STRUGGLE!!!! EVERY BREATH TAKES INCREDIBLE EFFORT!!!! IT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO WATCH HIM TRY SO HARD TO SOMETHING WE ALL TAKE FOR GRANTED. HE IS INCREDIBLY STRONG AND I AM INCREDIBLY PROUD OF HIM!!!!!



HE is suctioned about twice an hour (but could be suctioned more) The respitory nurses are great but you have to give him a break between suctions> Suctioning entails a tube that goes down his trach and into both lungs and suctions out the mucus. Even though Providence ICU has the best suction machine I have seen, this is still a HIGHLY UNPLEASANT THING TO HAVE DONE.



I am meeting with a new team of doctors to asses Matt care tomorrow, because as you can guess a new hospital (Providence)means a hole new team of doctors and therapists. In some ways his moving has been extremely frustrating but on the other hand has been extremely positive. His moving has allowed him not only a chance to be seen by many doctors and therapist (most who are at the top of their fields) but has also allowed us to get a fresh perspective every time he is seen



I would like to take a moment to thank all the people who have helped Matt up until now. Many of these people have given him there own personal time as well as going above and beyond in his care. I feel very blessed that Matt has been in good hands ( minus the 2 days at Nursing Home) as his journey continues.



I would also again like to say it is three am so I am sorry if none of this made sense. I will post tomorrow after the consult.



On a few quick end notes: I would AGAIN like to thank you all for your support both financial and emotional. As I said before Matt would be very touched to see he'd friends making such an enormous impact on his and our lives. Each of you has carried an enormous weight

since the accident happened and i would like to thank you each of you for carrying that weight

for making my load a little lighter.



As I said Matt is sick but I encourage ANYONE who wants to visit to come. Both Rich and My house are open. I figure with the holidays people might have time off ,so I just wanted to put it out there. If anyone has questions or is trying to figure out when to come please don"t hesitate to come. Also if you cannot afford it but would like to come, call me



I know this was a small update and I will get something up after are consult but I just wanted to take a moment to discuss Matt's nephew Jack. As you all know Matt was unbelievably close to my son. In fact this is the second time he has moved to Spokane to be with him/us. Jack was just adjusting to the lose of out Matriarch ( my mom his grand mom) When Matt moved to be with us. Matt was just settling into his role as favorite uncle riding bikes, reading jack to sleep, filling his Head with liberal propaganda and making him question authoirty, all the thing uncles do and then the accident. I cannot continue to right as the lump in throat is no longer a lump but a stream of tears. I would like to thank all the people who have emailed about Jack's Christmas and realize that this is the second xmas without my mom and the first with Matt farther away than he has been ever.

I will post somethings that could help me concerning jack's Christmas Sunday Dec 5th or 6th

No comments: